What is Gulp?
Why Use Gulp?
- It is shorter, simpler and faster as compared to other task runner.
- Uses SASS and LESS as CSS preprocessor.
- Automatically refreshes page after editing the source files.
- Provides minification and concatenation.
- Converts LESS or SASS to CSS compilation.
- Manages file manipulation in the memory and enhances speed by using the Node.js platform.
- Huge speed advantage over any other task runner.
- Easy to code and understand.
- Easy to test the web applications.
- Plugins are simple to use and they are designed to do one thing at a time.
- Performs repetitive tasks repeatedly such as minifying stylesheets, compressing images, etc.
- More number of dependencies and is a newcomer compared to Grunt.
- Using Gulp plugins, you cannot perform multiple tasks.
- Configuration is not as clean as Grunt.